Corporate & Social Responsibility
Edgar Cowen’s charity is the British Heart Foundation and we support them in their fight against cardio vascular disease. CVD kills one in four people in the UK having a devastating effect on families and loved ones.
We take part in a variety of company fundraising activities throughout the year, as well as encouraging our employees taking part individually in events like The Great North Run to support this worthwhile cause.
To find out more about this worthwhile cause please visit www.bhf.org.uk
Edgar Cowen endeavours to recruit from the widest pool of suitably qualified candidates possible.
All people coming into contact with the company will be treated equally irrespective of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability or any other grounds that might be construed as grounds for discrimination, including harassment and intimidation.
As such Edgar Cowen are committed to ensuring all employment opportunities are open and accessible to all on the basis of their ability, skills, experience, appropriate qualifications and aptitude for the job.
Modern Slavery Statement
Edgar Cowen provides permanent and temporary staffing solutions to its clients across a range of sectors. Edgar Cowen does not supply workers from any external agencies and thus has full oversight of its supply chain. We undertake checks in relation to all candidates who we introduce to clients to ensure that we clearly establish their identity. All employees, upon entering the business, are provided an induction which provides training on relevant policies and procedures including the Modern Slavery Act.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.